At Bell’s Appliance Service, we install, repair, and maintain your household appliances in and around Jacksonville and Greenville, North Carolina. You can expect professional and reliable maintenance work from our trained and experienced crew members every time. We’re a locally owned, family-operated business and we’re excited to help with all your household appliance needs.
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), it is essential to dispose of your appliances in a responsible way. What does this mean? It means that once you are ready to get rid of old appliances, there’s a safer and more environmentally-conscious way to do so. There are significant benefits for the environment and your community if you get rid of your old appliance the RAD (responsible appliance disposal) way.
For example, the proper disposal of an old fridge or freezer will:
- Reduce your household energy consumption, which will save you money and prevent greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Avoid the release of ozone depleting substances (ODS) and GHGs, which contribute to ozone depletion and climate change
- Save landfill space and energy by recycling—rather than landfilling—the metals, plastics, and glass contained in your appliance
- Avoid the release of used oil, which can cause damage to the liver, brain, immune system, and reproductive system
- Avoid the release of mercury, which can lead to impairment of neurological development and other problems associated with the human nervous system
- Avoid the release of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), which can have carcinogenic and non-cancerous health effects
When you’re ready to responsibly dispose of your old appliances, use the Find RAD Partner Programs page to find a RAD partner program near you. Most RAD partner programs will pick up your old refrigerated appliances (such as a fridge, freezer, window air-conditioning unit, and dehumidifier) directly from your home. In some cases, they might even offer a financial incentive such as a reward or rebate for turning in your old units. These appliances will then be sent to a recycling facility capable of properly handling the environmentally harmful substances contained in the units, using the best environmental practices and technologies available.
Whether you are deciding to buy a new or a used appliance, or figuring out how to dispose of your old appliances in a safe and sustainable way, we’re here to help! At Bell’s Appliance Service, we want to help you with all your installation, repair, and maintenance needs when it comes to household appliances. Give us a call today!