Do you want a new kitchen? Many people know how expensive it can be to build a new kitchen or to remodel your current kitchen. But how expensive is it really? From HomeAdvisor.com, here are some factors when it comes to kitchen building/remodeling costs:
Kitchen Building Price Factors
Some of the most important decisions you’ll make when deciding to build a new kitchen include:
- Where it’s located in or out of your home.
- How big you’d like it to be.
- If you want custom fitted elements, like cabinets or a kitchen island.
- The quality of the appliances.
- How much it costs for preparation, demolition, electrical and plumbing work.
- Building permit costs, which usually start at about $400.
Kitchen Remodel & Renovation Costs
Kitchen remodel costs range from $13,300 to $37,500. Many homeowners use the 5 to 15% rule to estimate and budget the right amount. Essentially, your full remodel shouldn’t cost less than 5%, or more than 15%, of your home’s value. This ratio will help you invest the right amount to get solid return on investment (ROI).
Other budgeting tips include:
- Establish how you’ll finance the upgrade.
- Set your budget before you start hiring pros.
- Prioritize necessary upgrades, in case your budget runs out.
- Save money with small DIY work.
What is the cheapest way to get a new kitchen?
If you don’t have the budget to hire a professional, here are a few low-cost ways to get what you want.
- Rearrange smaller appliances to change the aesthetic and create more space.
- Install stock cabinetry for more storage – a cabinet installer near you can help!
- Refinish your cabinets, either with professional help or DIY.
- Brighten up the entire room with under-cabinet lighting.
- Give the room a refresh with a new coat of paint.
- DIY your own backsplash for an eye-catching and low-cost upgrade.
How much does an average fitted kitchen cost?
An average fitted kitchen costs anywhere from $5,000 to $125,000, when built from scratch. A remodel of an existing area costs between $13,275 to $37,500.
What does it cost to upgrade kitchen appliances?
The cost to upgrade kitchen appliances usually starts at about $2,125. Remember, it’s not all about the sticker price. As you’re shopping, consider how energy-efficient upgrades can save you money on your utility bill throughout the year.
How much does it cost to change a bar height to a counter height?
It costs between $12 and $35 per square foot to change a bar height to a counter height. What you’ll ultimately pay depends on several factors, including whether your bar is attached to a wall or not. Here’s a look at some costs that could go into a project like this:
- Drywall demolition cost: $0.50-$1 per square foot.
- Cost to replace drywall: $1.50-$3.50 per square foot.
- Cost of countertop installation or replacement: $10-$30 per square foot.
Talk to a local kitchen contractor for help with a project like this one.
At Bell’s Appliance Service, we install, repair, and maintain your household appliances in and around Jacksonville and Greenville, North Carolina. You can expect professional and reliable maintenance work from our trained and experienced crew members every time. We’re a locally owned, family-operated business and we’re excited to help with all your household appliance needs.